What do you do with a domain name?
A domain name is an address that people use on the internet, whether for websites or for email.
It’s a string of characters which usually spells out a word, a company name or person’s name.
You can buy domain names from a domain registrar such as GetDotted.com, and they can be incredibly useful things (see below).
How do I connect my domain to my hosting?
Adding domains to your hosting plan
- Log into your hosting cPanel.
- Click on Addon Domains, located under the Domains section.
- Enter in the domain in the New Domain Name section.
- Once the domain is entered, click The Subdomain field and the Document Root (usually public_html/domain.com) will automatically fill in.
- Click Add Domain.
Can I use my own domain with WordPress?
Login to your blog’s dashboard, click the arrow beside Upgrades in the sidebar, and select Domains.
- Enter the domain or subdomain you want to add to your site in the text box, and click Add domain to blog.
- If this domain is a domain you own, you can map it to WordPress.com.
How do I use my domain name with Gmail?
3) Enable Gmail to send as yourdomain.org
- Go to this link.
- Return to Gmail, click the gear icon, then Settings.
- Click Accounts and Import, then Add another email address in the Send mail as section.
- Enter your name and email@example.com, allow Treat as an alias and then Next Step.
- Enter the following credentials: