To backup a WordPress site for free, you will first need to install the UpdraftPlus plugin.
To do so, open your WordPress dashboard, and select Plugins > Add Plugins from the menu bar.
Then type UpdraftPlus into the Search Bar.
Select the UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin and click Install Now > Activate.
How do I backup my entire WordPress site?
5 Simple Steps to Backup Your WordPress Site
- Download and install BackupBuddy (install like any other WordPress plugin). You’ll also need to activate BackupBuddy (visit your plugins dashboard and follow the instructions).
- Configure BackupBuddy.
- Set up offsite backups.
- Complete your first backup.
- Schedule regular backups.
How do I restore a WordPress site from a full backup copy?
First, you should restore the files.
- Log into your Host Control Panel . Go to File Manager : Select all the files, click Delete button:
- Click Upload button and upload the .zip file that we have backed up before. Then click Extract to unzip this file, so that you will have all the files back from the full backup:
How do I download a WordPress Backup?
How to Download WordPress Backup
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard.
- In the navigation menu click Settings then UpdraftPlus Backups.
- Scroll down to the Existing Backups section to view available backups.
- You will then see your backups listed, click the one that you want to download.
Can I download my WordPress site?
With BackupBuddy, there’s no need to manually export or download any files. You can copy your WordPress site directly from your WordPress dashboard (no need to login to cPanel or an FTP client). Your entire WordPress website (including your database and files) can be downloaded into one zip file in a matter of minutes.