Step 1: Find the IP Address
Open command prompt and type in “tracert” then type in the website for example “tracert www.instructables.com” without these things””.
The IP address is what comes up next to where it says “tracing route to (the website you inserted)(the IP address).
How do I locate the IP address for a website?
- Open Start. .
- Type command prompt into Start. Doing so searches for the Command Prompt app on your computer.
- Click. Command Prompt.
- Enter the “Traceroute” command for your website. Type in tracert and type a space, then type in your website’s address (excluding the “www.”
- Press ↵ Enter .
- Note the website’s address.
How can I find the exact location of an IP address?
Just go to http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/ and put the IP address you want to trace. Clicking on “Track IP, host or website” will give you the exact location of an IP.
- I have an IP address.
- How do I find the exact location of a mobile using its IP address?
- How can I get Location History with an IP address?
How do I trace an IP address?
Method 2 Using IP Lookup
- Find the IP address that you want to trace. You can find a website’s IP address on Windows, Mac, iPhone, and Android platforms.
- Click the search bar. This is the white box below the “IP Address or Hostname” heading.
- Type in the IP address that you found.
- Click Lookup IP.
- Review the results.
Can I lookup an IP address?
An IP address lookup will determine the geolocation of any IP address. The results of the IP address lookup will show you the city, state/region, postal/zip code, country name, ISP, and time zone. This data can be used by various agencies to find the exact owner of any IPv4 or IPv6 address.